Thursday, September 18, 2014

Work-in-Progress: My baby boy and his mobile!!!

It's been a long, long time since I last posted...My excuse is quite simple: it was summer time and the living was eeeaaasyyy... Yes, during the past few months I have to admit that I was actually lazy! I didn't have the energy or the enthusiasm to finish any kind of project and so I followed my need to relax and enjoy the beautiful Greek summer!

Now that the weather is gradually shifting, along with the falling temperature comes a fresh wave of ideas for action! I think this is what happens to everyone right after the summer lethargy! For me  there is also a new drive and a new inspiration in my life since I'm 4 months pregnant for the first time! I'm expecting a baby boy and I'm full of ideas for his nursery bedroom!!! I want him to grow up in an environment full of stimuli that can set his imagination  free!!!

My first project is a colorful mobile made out of paper mache and paper clay! Its theme is the sky and all flying objects (I excluded the airplane since I want to make a separate airplane mobile later on). 
You can see my mobile's elements in their earliest stages.

Paper Clay Mobile, Paper Mache Flying Objects, Decorative Idea for Nursery Room
 
As you will notice I have finished with the sculpting stages and I'm now in the process of painting. 


Actually I have a newer version of the same elements with additional painting embellishments:

Paper Mache Mobile, Paper Clay Flying Objects, Decorative Idea for Nursery Room


And now a photo of the most complicated and beautiful creation in progress of all:

Baby Boy in Progress


...to be continued...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...