Monday, March 31, 2014

My Moonchild

Last year I took a seminar on the making of marionettes in a studio called Prassein Aloga. I have worked on a special kind of marionette that has no strings and is moved solely by the hands of the marionette player -who in most cases is a real actor that co-stars with his own marionette.  

It took me almost a year to find a chance to photo-capture the end product of this seminar.  The reason for this is that I couldn't take the pictures by myself since, in order to give life to this marionette, I had to be present in the actual photo!!! 

Well, as you will see, in the end I really enjoyed "co-staring" with my own creation! You will also notice that what people say about character creation (whether this is doll making or animation) is true: we do look alike with the creatures that we make!  

Without any further delay let me introduce you to my moonchild:



paper clay marionette, jointed doll, paper-clay puppet, moonchild


Greetings good lords and ladies:

paper clay marionette, jointed doll, paper-clay puppet, little prince on the moon


Some close-ups:

paper clay marionette, jointed doll, paper-clay puppet, man on the moon


The main materials used is paper-clay and wood.  The marionette is approximately 75cm tall (moon on the head included).  Now, here are some more moves:

paper clay marionette, jointed doll, paper-clay puppet, moon prince

paper clay marionette, jointed doll, paper-clay puppet, ziggy stardust

paper clay marionette, jointed doll, paper-clay puppet, lunar man


Here you can see the similarity that we were talking about:

paper clay marionette, jointed doll, paper-clay puppet, moonchild


Oh, my God, I have a mini-me!!!

paper clay marionette, jointed doll, paper-clay puppet, star-man

Playing around some more...

paper clay marionette, jointed doll, paper-clay puppet, night prince

paper clay marionette, jointed doll, paper-clay puppet, little prince


That's all folks!!!

paper clay marionette, jointed doll, paper-clay puppet, stardust


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...